Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Player Introductions

I just realised that this is the 3rd Dime article by Aron Phillips that I've posted! The newbie at Dime seems to be striking a chord with me. Click on the title below to check out the 90's Chicago Bulls intro.

Possibly the best intro I've ever seen live was at a first round NBA playoff game in Indiana between the Pacers (with Reggie Miller) and the Bucks (with Ray Allen). The lights went off, the big screen came on playing a clip from Hoosiers ... the crowd as one joined in with a slow hand clap and I still get chills remembering the atmosphere ... electric.

NBA Rumors - Trades - Free Agents - Basketball Olympics - Dime Magazine
Lights Out For The Utah Jazz

By Aron Phillips
Utah Jazz

There’s something about NBA pre-game introductions that makes me want to get to the game two hours ahead of time. Growing up watching the Chicago Bulls in the ’90s made The Alan Parsons Project’s song “Sirius” a staple on my iPod – and even the primary ringtone for one of the Dime Crew and his BlackBerry.

Missing player intros is on-par with missing your brother’s wedding. No joke, I’ve spent hours on YouTube searching to see each team’s video – critiquing their music choice, visuals and special effects."

No comments: