Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The countdown has begun

With just over 7 days until the NBA season begins there's only one thing more exciting than opening night and that's our fantasy basketball league live draft!

Some friends and I have been competing in a yahoo fantasy league for the last 5 or so years and while the season is fun, the live draft is definitely the highlight! This year its a late draft for us (just days before the season tips off) and I've got most of the Brisbane entrants descending on The Shop (our office) on Friday night. The last couple of years I've done the live draft with my boys Tux and Eto before but with 7 people in the office the draft is going to be nuts! There's money up for grabs this season in our league so its time for me to find form again after a less than stellar couple of seasons.

I was tempted to take up John Rillie's challenge to compete in his league but to do well in fantasy basketball it requires commitment and I really only have the time to play in one league.

The secret to a good draft is preparation and I haven't done any yet ... so there's work to do over the next few nights.

No comments: