Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas ... plus some hot shooting



I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Christmas. My Christmas present to you this year is this. If like me you don't have cable TV or (also like me) you spend a lot of time in front of the computer, this website is great for watching NBA games online.

Today I watched the Lakers take care of business against the Warriors. I mentioned hot shooting in the title and the one in form in that game was Derek Fisher (pictured right). My friends will be surprised to hear me mention Fisher because I am a long time hater of his ... because he pushed my boy Nick Van Exel out of the Lakers in the mid-90's. Anyway, today Fisher was an impressive (for him) 9 of 12 from the field for 19 points in just 24 minutes.

Also hot were the Boston Celtics who destroyed the hapless Sacramento Kings 108 - 63. Leading the way was one of our favourites, Ray Allen with 7 of 8 from the field, 2 of 2 from downtown and 3 of 3 from the line. Not to be outdone, Kevin Garnett had 10 of 11 from the field for 21 points, 11 boards in just 22 minutes of court time. Sacramento on the other hand were anything but hot shooting just 28% from the field and only one player scoring in double figures.


2 comments:

tuxstereno said...

Thanks for the tip off on the website mate. Make sure you check out the Detroit game on tomorrow to watch some Rodney Stuckey action. Kid is shooting 55% from the field for the month since taking over the starting gig (sorry dawg) so might be a future entrant into the top ten shooters list.

Tux.

Dodge Taylor said...

Thanks Tux, you love riding my fantasy discards. Stuckey and Blake both stepped up after I let them go.

Not sure if you knew about that website but thought you might like it. Just found out about it a week or two ago and its great to watch any game you want.

Dodge