Monday, December 1, 2008

Breakers vs Blaze

On Saturday night I went down the coast to see my first live NBL game this season. Its so different not having the Brisbane Bullets in the league this season.

I officially jumped on the Croc's bandwagon at the start of the season but the Breakers would definitely be my 2nd favourite team. As my friend and I joked before heading down the coast, you go to a Blaze game to see the opposition, not the home team. The official crowd is listed as 2500 ... my guess would have been closer to 1500.

Other than Tony Ronaldson early and a hot-streak from Phull Jones (below), the Breakers didn't actually play that well but still won easily. Our man Kirk Penney couldn't hit a jumper, nor could CJ Bruton ... but the Blaze are bad ... very bad. Both imports for the Blaze stuffed their stats late in the game when the result had long been decided. Justin Bowen is under the mistaken impression he has a jumper/outside shot ... he does not.

I took the video camera with me to try and get some footage to post but there really wasn't anything happening to make it worthwhile. Click on the title below to read the rest of the official game report.

NBL > Match Report

The New Zealand Breakers have crushed the Gold Coast Blaze 110-88 in their Round 11 clash at the Gold Coast Convention Centre on Saturday night.

On the back of a vintage display from Tony Ronaldson and some hot shooting from Phill Jones and Oscar Forman the Breakers were able to make the home side look second class.

Ronaldson opened the game up by dominating the post early and finished up nailing threes from all around to tally 25 points.

Jones (7-of-11) was on fire from the beginning and Forman (4-of-7) got his eye in late to bury the Blaze under a barrage of triples.


No comments: