Friday, September 18, 2009

Sound of music ... what the??

"... Brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things"

Now, to clarify (before my manhood comes in to question), I've never actually watched The Sound of Music ... sure I've seen parts but thankfully never the whole thing. It just seemed appropriate to use it today since there's a number of news articles and stories about a few of my all-time favourite players.

We'll start with my #1 player, Tim Hardaway. Thanks to the guys at NBA Mate for bringing it to my attention, the Miami Heat are going to retire Timmy's jersey just before their opening game against the New York Knicks. This is kind of fitting as the memories I have of Hardaway in Miami are him leading the Heat to victories in the playoffs against the Knicks.

Next up is my boy Steve Nash. I've mentioned previously that he leads a pretty good life and has had a colourful/entertaining off-season. Thanks to the crew at Ball Don't Lie, firstly here is his latest vitaminwater commercial and a few days ago they had pictures of Nash getting in to a pick-up game in China.

Finally, despite being almost 50, here's footage of Dominique Wilkins showing he can still dunk (just). Yes, you'll also see Tim Hardaway in action there as well.

No comments: