Thursday, September 17, 2009

Anna Bligh backs Gold Coast Blaze

One of my friends hinted to me last week that this news was coming. She was as usual tight-lipped and cryptic about the details but I saw this story on the NBL website and immediately knew this was what she was talking about. Great work setting this relationship up V! Very impressive

Its great to see the Queensland Premier getting behind not only the Gold Coast Blaze but the game of basketball in general. The sport can definitely use all the publicity it can get and this certainly won't hurt.

Over/under on how many games the premier will actually attend this season ... I set the line at 4.

Bligh backs Blaze

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh MP will be the Gold Coast Blaze NBL team’s number one ticketholder for season 2009-2010.

The announcement was made today in State Parliament ahead of the Friday 25th home season opener against the Townsville Crocodiles and in the middle of the Gold Coast Basketball Association (GCBA) 50th anniversary celebrations.

The ticket-holder news comes just a week after the sport-loving, former Gold Coast schoolgirl, Anna Bligh donned the Gold Coast Titan’s No.1 jersey ahead of last Saturday’s local derby against the Brisbane Broncos.

“I played basketball as a teenager on the Coast with the GCBA and I have very fond memories of my time in the sport,” said Ms Bligh.

“I’m really looking forward to being a part of the Blaze in their third National Basketball League season and I’m sure they’ll do all Gold Coasters proud.

Her shot could definitely use some work but its great to have Anna Bligh's support for the Gold Coast Blaze and the NBL


No comments: