Monday, November 3, 2008

New import for Blaze

As I was about to start doing my NBL weekly wrap, I just found this article (below) on the NBL website. I was supposed to be going down on Wednesday to see the game but that's no longer happening so I'll try and catch the game on Foxtel at the gym. Click on the title below to read the full story.


NBL > News

Gold Coast Blaze will look to unveil a new star recruit for Wednesday night's clash with Townsville at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre, reports Nick Smart in the Gold Coast Bulletin.

The Blaze, who are now 0-10 following last Saturday
night's hard fought road loss to the Melbourne Tigers, desperately need a spark. And it is set to come in former NBA development player Justin Bowen, who has reached an agreement with the Blaze.

The paperwork has not been completed, but the American import from Chicago
is set to officially sign with the Blaze on Monday after the club management moved swiftly to find a replacement for small forward Juaquin Hawkins, who was released last Thursday. Bowen, a 201cm, 95kg small forward, played at the college of Illinois-Chicago before going to play for the Austin Toros in the NBA development league, in which he starred.

3 comments:

Carolyn Hastings said...

I am growing fonder of the NBL by the moment.

Dodge Taylor said...

Hi and one,

Thanks for the comment.

Have you seen much of Justin Bowen? He had a pretty good debut for the Blaze with 26 points, 8 boards off the bench.

Dodge

Carolyn Hastings said...

Dodge:

No, I haven't but I'm guessing my friend Kellex has - he runs Blaze of Love (blazeoflove.com).

Just added you to And One's blogroll. If you want to reciprocate, I am:

And One

http://blog.cleveland.com/andone

If you don't, that's fine, too.

--C