Monday, November 24, 2008

Fantasy basketball update

I was checking out my fantasy basketball team's progress this morning and noticed that really only two of my guys are performing up to expectations so far. My number two pick, Danny Granger is ranked 10 on averages so far and I drafted him 13th. The real stand-out so far tho is Devin Harris (pictured below) who I drafted 60th and is currently ranked 13th. Also doing well is Mickael Pietrus who I got with the 132nd pick and is ranked 80th.

My stars like Steve Nash, Carmelo Anthony and Hedo Turkoglu have been very disappointing so far. Nash's scoring and assists are down while Melo and Hedo have been woeful from the field.

I'm currently 9th in my 12 team league ... 2nd in ft% and triples, 4th in assists. I'm last in fg%, rebounds and steals. With some obvious deficiencies, I pulled the trigger on my first trade this week. I picked up Anthony Morrow off the free-agent list and after his two game explosion last week traded him for bigman Marc Gasol. Gasol should help me improve in fg% and boards whilst not costing me much.

With some solid cash on the line for the winner of the league, I have a lot of work to do as the GM.


No comments: