Monday, November 24, 2008

Homicide not happy

Never one to hold back, Corey "Homicide" Williams let's everyone know his thoughts about being benched on the weekend. Click on the title below to read the rest of the story.

NBL > News

Jilted Homicide fires for team after starting snub
By Antony Stewart - Townsville Bulletin

Make no bones about it, Corey Williams wants his starting spot back.

Furious after being demoted to the bench for the Crocodiles' clash with Wollongong on Saturday, the star point guard has declared his stint on the sideline will be a short one.

Williams, John Rillie and Russell Hinder were the casualties of Townsville's horrid run of form over the past month, making way for a new-look starting team.

The trio looked on as Kelvin Robertson, Cam Tovey, Brad Williamson, Rosell Ellis and Daniel Egan got the Crocs off to a dream start and laid the foundation for the win.

But Williams, Rillie and Hinder played their part, coming on with a spark in the first term, with Williams' seven straight points helping the Crocs to a 36-19 quarter-time lead.

It was just the third time Townsville have led at the first break in 12 games.

The 31-year-old American admitted being told by coach Trevor Gleeson pre-game he would not start had put plenty of fire in his belly.

'Of course, that p***** me off, I don't want to come off no bench,' Williams said.

'But ultimately that wasn't my decision ... so as long as I came out and got my minutes and do what I do, I ain't got no problem with that.

'But I was real p***** off with that, but there ain't nothing I could do about that.'


No comments: