Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tweeting with the Premier


I mentioned in a post a few month's back that one of my good friends had organised Premier Anna Bligh to be the number 1 ticket holder for the Gold Coast Blaze. I speculated at the time that the over/under on how many games she would attend was 4 ... my friendly quickly e-mailed me and said that was way too high. Anna got her #1 singlet at the end of last year but until last night was yet to attend an actual game.

Yesterday I re-tweeted a message from the Premier that she was off to her first game:

I'm looking forward to seeing Gold Coast Blaze play Perth Wildcats in last home game tonight - Go Blaze!!

I then woke up to a surprise direct message from the Premier herself (or maybe it was one of her staff):

TheQldPremier
hey Dodge - Blaze won by 13 points after trailling every quarter - great game!


Turns out it was a great game for the Premier to see. Top of the table clash between the Blaze and the Wildcats with another strong crowd. Gold Coast trailed from the start but did a great job in shutting down Redhage and Schenscher storming home in the final quarter to get the win, 86 - 73.

The Blaze are now back on top of the table and put the top spot on the line tonight in Woolongong against the Hawks.

No comments: