Wednesday, December 22, 2010

AI headed down under??

Could Allen Iverson be ending his career in Australia?? I came across this article this morning and by the sounds of it, there is a chance it could actually happen. I won't believe it until I see him in an NBL uniform, but it would be a fantastic coup for the league not to mention the team that signs him.

NBA legend Allen Iverson keen for Sydney Kings finale | The Daily Telegraph

ALLEN Iverson has announced to his fans he intends to finish his illustrious basketball career playing in Sydney, presumably for the Kings.

It's all news to the only Sydney franchise in the NBL, but 'AI' - also known as 'The Answer' - responded to rumours that he wants out from his contract playing in the Turkish league.

He wrote on Twitter: 'I am very happy here in Istanbul, but if I don't return to the NBA I am considering a move to Australia after my two-year contract is up.

'I hear Sydney is a real good city to live in. my boy Rodney O asked me to come over. I am comin!'

Iverson, 35, is an 11-time NBA All-Star who topped the season scoring in the NBA four times. His 26.7 points per game ranks sixth all-time, and his playoff career scoring average of 29.7 points, second only to Michael Jordan.

Its been a while since I've worn it, but it could be time to get my Allen Iverson Georgetown singlet out again!


1 comment:

Sports Products Auctions said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information. I'll definitely add this great post in my article section.