Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rick Fox = balla

During the off-season (of both the NBA & NBL) you have to work a little harder to find a story and sometimes you have to talk about off-court action.

I was talking to my mate Tux last night and he mentioned he found himself constantly using the term "gangsta" (on this occasion to refer to some houses a friend had been looking at buying). I countered with the term "balla" which seems to be popular at the moment.

Urban Dictionary: balla

Balla

1.a pimp
2.some one who is good at sports

1.Im a balla fo real
2.Iverson is a Balla


2. BALLA

A pimp or player. Someone who makes alot of money and can got anyone or anything that they want with no problem.

'I've always been a balla see all this bread I get what I want when I want'


Now, the true definition and today's example of "balla" is ex-LA Laker, ex-Boston Celtic Rick Fox. Thanks to a story at Ball Don't Lie I've just discovered that Rick is currently dating the sensational Eliza Dushku.

As well as previously being married to Vanessa Williams, Fox has also dated Alicia Keyes, Tyra Banks, Sharon Stone, Mariah Carey and Kristin Davis. All this plus a 13 year NBA career, acting career and NBA analyst ...

Rick Fox, you are truly living the life ... balla indeed


2 comments:

mookie said...

Rick Fox.. how does he do it???

Dodge Taylor said...

Good question Mookie, look at the quality list of women he has been with ... ridiculous!!

Ahhh the life of a pro baller ...