Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shaq on WWE Raw

After my post yesterday about the off-court action of Rick Fox, today is about a present-day NBA star and what he gets up to during the off-season.

Sure, he should be spending more off-season time at the free-throw line than visiting the White House or tweeting so often, but Shaq is a born entertainer and did what he does best, hosting WWE Raw on Monday night.

I used to be right in to wrestling, back in the days of The Rock, Stone Cold and Bret Hart. Yes, I think its one of those stages that guys go through in their 20's and eventually I grew out of it. I justify my enjoyment of it by explaining that its sports entertainment and its the male equivalent of a soap opera (characters you follow, story lines, drama, etc). I still watch it occasionally, just not as regularly as I used to.

For the wrestling fans out there, a few of my favourites were: Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Diamond Dallas Page, Bret Hart and The Rock.

Anyway, thanks to the crew at Dime for pointing it out, here's Shaq being the guest host of Raw:



No comments: