Thursday, July 11, 2013

Joe Hurst - Hobart Tassie Devils

Jumpin’ Joe Hurst was brought in by the Hobart Devils to replace Steve Carfino and did so with honours winning the MVP award in his first season. The year was 1988 and he averaged 32 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.7 steals per game. He was one of the first “high flyers” in the league and despite only playing three full seasons in the NBL Joe stayed in Australia playing in the SEABL for many years after.

Normally I'd include a photo of Joe for the post ... but since he played in the late 80's and early 90's, there are seemingly no photos of him online. I was going to scour through my basketball magazines but I'm pretty sure the first copy of One on One I bought was around 94/95.


http://classicbasketballtees.spreadshirt.com/joe-hurst-ball-A12695819/customize/color/36

No comments: