Thursday, July 29, 2010

Brisbane Bullets update

A friend asked me on Facebook whether I had heard anymore about the Brisbane Bullets returning to the NBL, so I did some research and came across this. I might see if I can make an appearance at the meeting on the 11th and find out exactly what's going on and where they are up to.

Darren Lockyer pipped by Billy Slater in NRL poll, says Mark 'The Ear' Oberhardt | Courier Mail

SOME months back, The Ear reported a strange rumour that Brisbane was about to get a new NBL team. It was strange because try as I might I couldn't confirm it. But things are taking more of shape with news Bullets basketball legend Leroy Loggins is involved in a push to get NBL back to Brisbane. On August 11, there is a meeting at Carina Leagues Club to establish a working party to 'approach, recruit and encourage the community, members within the sport, government and business to work towards the establishment of a Brisbane team.' It is ridiculous Brisbane doesn't have a team in the NBL and the sport continues to have a Brisbane presence in the lower divisions. It is no secret one of the most professional of the 'semi-professional' clubs in Brisbane is the Spartans basketball.

No comments: